Research and Development Programs
The most advanced ImotopeTM program is for Type 1 Diabetes (T1D), for which a Phase Ib clinical trial has been completed in Q3 2019. The T1D program was conducted by a European consortium (EXALT) and supported by a European grant of the 7th framework program. For more information on the T1D EU FP7 program go to http://exalt-fp7.eu Results of the Phase Ib clinical trial were presented at the 55th annual meeting of the European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) in September 2019.
Imcyse is also developing the ImotopeTM platform in a range of different autoimmune diseases. The most advanced pre-clinical program is our MS-ImotopeTM. The start of the clinical studies is currently planned for Q1 2021.
Imcyse's ImotopeTM technology also is being applied to Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO), Reumatoid Arthritis (RA; in collaboration with Pfizer) and Celiac Disease - all areas in which Imcyse has emlarked on R&D projects
Imcyse technology platform and Imotopes offer numerous competitive clinical and commercial advantages:
- Lasting effect: By blocking, in a sustained way, the unwanted immune responses causing the disease, Imcyse technology offers the potential to cure severe chronic diseases and to favor regeneration of damaged cells and organs.
- Specific and safe: The effect is specific to the immune responses involved in the disease process and to the target organ. Therefore the risk of non-specific immunosuppression or of unwanted targeting of other organs is limited. The Imcyse dosing and therapeutic strategy provides all the necessary requirements for a safe medical intervention.
- Cost-effective: The product is a synthetic peptide, administered with alum adjuvant. Patients will only require a few injections in the first year of treatment. The long-lasting effects, with prevention of disease progress and elimination of serious complications, will dramatically reduce international healthcare budget costs.
- Convenient: The simple and convenient administration format will facilitate enhanced patient compliance.
The company has a solid research group and broad IP protection. The management team is comprised of experienced immunotherapeutics and vaccines developers.
Our business strategy is bolstered on 3 pillars:
- Research collaborations with internationally-recognised groups, pharmaceutical partner companies and public funding bodies to broaden our pipeline and our IP portfolio
- Commercial partnerships on some indications
- in-house Development and Marketing of selective indications