The most advanced ImotopeTM program is for type 1 diabetes (T1D), which has advanced into the clinic in 2017. The T1D program is being developed by a European consortium (EXALT) and supported by a European grant of the 7th framework program. For more information on the T1D EU FP7 program go to http://exalt-fp7.eu
The ImotopeTM multiple sclerosis program will enter the clinic in 2018.
Imcyse technology platform and ImotopesÔ offer numerous competitive clinical and commercial advantages:
- Lasting effect: By blocking, in a sustained way, the unwanted immune responses causing the disease, Imcyse technology offers the potential to cure severe chronic diseases and to favor regeneration of damaged cells and organs.
- Specific and safe: The effect is specific to the immune responses involved in the disease process and to the target organ. Therefore the risk of non-specific immunosuppression or of unwanted targeting of other organs is limited. The Imcyse dosing and therapeutic strategy provides all the necessary requirements for a safe medical intervention.
- Cost-effective: The product is a synthetic peptide, administered with alum adjuvant. Patients will only require a few injections in the first year of treatment, followed by 1-2 boosts/year in the subsequent years. The long-lasting effects, with prevention of disease progress and elimination of serious complications, will dramatically reduce international healthcare budget costs.
- Convenient: The simple and convenient administration format will facilitate enhanced patient compliance.
The company has a solid research group and broad IP protection. The management team is comprised of experienced immunotherapeutics and vaccines developers. Two programs (T1D and MS) will enter the clinic in 2017 and 2018, respectively.
Our business strategy is bolstered on 3 pillars:
- Research collaborations with internationally-recognised groups, pharmaceutical partner companies and public funding bodies to broaden our pipeline and our IP portfolio
- Commercial partnerships on some indications
- in-house Development and Marketing of selective indications